Our present-day Trophies by Michael Rabbetts
- Newsletter December 1995 - Three of our present-day trophies belonged to the original Lewes Wanderers and were reclaimed by Des Terrill from a John Dunning, at Newhaven. They were the Pearce Cup
(25 Championship), the Crisp Cup
(100 Championship) and the Cinema De Luxe Cup
Dick Whittington visited Strudwick's bike shop in Brighton in September, 1950 and persuaded the owner to donate a trophy for our 50 mile championship (The Strudwick Cup); and Des Terrill's father handed over two of his boxing trophies which he'd won in 1926 - The Terrill Cup for the 25 handicap winner and a Terrill Cup for the Lewes-Newhaven event (now the Circuit of Laughton).
Des Terrill himself was working at the home of a Mrs. Kent in Seaford when he came across a big green and dirty cup, lying in a cupboard. It had belonged to Mrs. Kent's late husband, who had been an MP and yachting enthusiast. Mrs. Kent had the cup cleaned and engraved as the Kent Cup for Best All Rounder.