We had six new Club Records set in 1996. The Club present certificates for each new record.
Veterans on Standard
- Ron Rogers best plus by a veteran of +5:55 (24:35) - Bognor Regis CC 10 mile - 20/06/96
- Ron Rogers best plus by a veteran of +16:03 (1:02:17) - Luton Arrows CC 25 mile 7/09/96
- Laurie Leaney best plus by a veteran of +15:51 (57:58) - Hertfordshire Wh 25 mile - 21/07/96
- Ron Rogers best plus by a veteran of +15:40 (1:18:20) - Hampshire RC 30 mile - 4/08/96
- Alan Curtis Junior BAR average speed 26.377 mph
- Peter Baker for his Lewes-Horsham-Lewes 46.5 miles in a time of 1:55:03 - 30/06/96
The following was for a Best Performance on a current course (not recognised as official Club Record)
- Alan Curtis for his 43:47 - Circuit of Earwig - 23/06/96
Club Awards Dinner: Trophies, Plaques and Certificates were handed out at the Lewes Wanderers Cycling Club Annual Dinner and Awards Presentation on Saturday 15th February 1997 at the Riverside Restaurant, Newhaven.
1996 Competition Rules: The Senior BAR is based on the average speed over 25, 50 & 100 miles plus 12-hours - All Club BAR counting events must be on Sussex courses with the exception that any 12-hour can be used for the Senior BAR. The Seymour Cup is for the fastest 25 on any course.
On club events with 1 to 7 entries, only the fastest rider and the first rider on handicap receive club medals - On events with 8 to 19 entries, the fastest two riders and the first two on handicap receive club medals - With 20 and over entries, the fastest three and the first three on handicap receive club medals - There is no award for the Evening Ten two-up and no veteran awards on standard.