2012 Records - We had 15 new Club Record set in 2011. The Club present certificates for new records.
- 10 miles - VC 10 F11/10 - 27/08/12 - 19:17 - Nick Dwyer
- 25 miles - a3crg P885/25 - 25/07/12 - 51:00 - Nick Dwyer
- 10 miles - Crawley Wheelers G10/57 - 21/07/12 - 24:03 - Natasha Fuller
- 10 miles - South Eastern RC G10/57 - 7/07/12 - 24:12 - Natasha Fuller
- 10 miles - Horsham Cycling G10/57 - 23/06/12 - 24:28 - Natasha Fuller
- 10 miles - Brighton Mitre G10/97 - 27/05/12 - 24:39 - Natasha Fuller
- 25 miles - Hounslow & District Wheelers H25/8 - 27/07/12 - 1:02:10 - Natasha Fuller
- 30 miles - West London CA H30/8 - 2/06/12 - 1:19:57 - Natasha Fuller
- 50 miles - Charlotteville CC H50/8 - 13/05/12 - 2:12:29 - Natasha Fuller
- 100 miles - SCCU G100/60 - 5/08/12 - 4:38:44 - Natasha Fuller
Fastest Times on Current Courses
Fastest Mixed Team Time on Club Evening Ten Two-up
- 10 miles - Evening Tens G10/87 - 28/05/12 - 20:12 - Nick Dwyer
- 10 miles - Evening Tens G10/87 - 30/07/12 - 22:30 - Duncan & Natasha Fuller
- 30 miles - Open & LWCC G30/88 - 1/07/12 - 3:21:35
Nick Dwyer 1:06:38, Peter Morris 1:07:30, Rob Pelham 1:07:30
- 12 Hours - Kent CA Q12HR - 2/09/12 - 730.104 miles
Peter Morris 249.010 miles, Matt Coombs 245.412 miles, Micky Turner 235.682 miles
Club Veteran Records - Best Plus on Age Standard
Note: With the change in the veteran standard tables for 2012, the previous records were frozen for the 2012 season. With the Committee deciding (at the Committee Meeting on 12/02/13) to use the 2011 veteran standard tables for the 2013 season, the records are open again for updating. I am working on the best vets performance at each distance and time for the 2012 season and will post them up here when done.
Best All Rounder Records
- Club Ladies BAR - 10 - 24:03, 25 - 1:03:23, 50 miles - 2:12:29 = 23.561 Avr mph - Natasha Fuller
Full list of our 2012 Winners & Record breakers - see our magazine No. 261 - November 2.66MB
Club Awards Dinner - Trophies, Plaques and Certificates were handed out at the Lewes Wanderers Cycling Club Annual Awards Presentation on Saturday 16th February 2013 at The Roebuck Inn, Laughton.
You Tube - This is an edited (smaller) version of the slide show prepared for the 2012 Club Annual Awards Evening Presentation, but due to some crossed wires on the night, was never seen. You will have to image it with a live commentary, which would have told the story of the 2012 season. I've put it up here purely out of historical interest and because at the time it was a big piece of work.
Rules & more info - All Club BAR counting events must be on Sussex courses with the exception that any 12 hour can be used for the Senior BAR. The Fastest 25 Claret Jug is for the fastest 25 on any course.
* Due to road-works on the A272 we had to shorten the Circuit of Danehill event from the normal 18.11 miles. We should return to the original route in 2013.
On club events with 1 to 7 entries, only the fastest rider, the first rider on handicap and first on vets standard receive club medals. On events with 8 to 19 entries, the fastest two riders and the first two on handicap and vets standard receive club medals. With 20 and over entries, the fastest three and the first three on handicap and vets standard receive club medals.